WELCOME

You've come to right place if you're looking for some good stories, reliable recipes, interesting photos (if ever I figure out how to use my new camera), household tips, book recommendations, advice and discussion on everything from aquariums to zabaglione, and you'd like to read about the world according to me.




Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Natural Blog Birth

Welcome to my world. I decided to start a blog because a) my son told me to, b) my webmaster suggested it and c) I felt like it. How's that?

In preparation for this auspicious beginning, I read a *lot* of blogs and a lot of articles about blogging and social marketing. I don't know if any of that is going to help me blog well, but at least I tried. The fact is I don't know if anyone is ever going to read any of this, but I'm going to assume at least my kids will....hopefully.....

I looked up some "mommy blog" rankings and found mommy blogs fit into different categories.

The most popular ones seem to be written by moms with little kids--well, don't fit there, my kids are 20 and 22.

Then there are moms trying to get pregnant--nope, been there done that, had a hysterectomy last year. (It was botched, by the way, and I got a bowel resection for the same price, but I digress.)

Moms who are breastfeeding--nope, been there done that, LIKE 20 YEARS AGO.

Moms who are homeschooling, raising multiples, raising kids with the LORD, etc. etc.--nope nope nope don't fit in there either.

I didn't see a category for crazy grey-haired opinionated moms whose kids are in their twenties. Guess I'm going to start a new category.

So let me introduce myself. My name is Cynthia. I was born and raised in Louisiana, but now I live in British Columbia near Vancouver. That's the west coast in Canada, and no, I don't know your neighbor's cousin in Toronto. Within the last 6 months I left my job of 15 years, got remarried, I sold my house of 20 years in Calgary, Alberta, and moved here with my 2 French Bulldogs into my husband's house. Here's a picture of his house:


Ok, so it's not a FULL picture but at least you get the idea. It looks like a gingerbread house.

Quilting is one of my passions:




 Several years ago I used to carpool, and the lady I carpooled with didn't know what quilting was so I took a little square with me one day to show her. She looked at it and then looked at me and said, "you mean you take perfectly good fabric, cut it up in little pieces and then sew it back together again?" "Yeah," I said, "that's what I do for fun."

And here's my older dog, Thibault, pronounced T-bo. Like the French surname. You know, French dog, French name, get it? He is the great dog-love of my life. Sweet, quiet, farts a lot, loves CNN.



And here's my young female, Paris. She's a wild woman. Friendly, cute, full of energy, doesn't understand NO, does lots of naughty things...she's kind of like my daughter.



So I have to go now. Craig Ferguson is on--I can't miss Craig. By the way, does anyone know where Tiger is? I'd sure like to know. Tomorrow is Garbage Day. Garbage Day is a BIG DEAL in my house. It's the day when my kind, gentle, loving husband turns into a psycho. The experts call it Garbage-Induced Psychosis or GIP. I'll tell you all about it next time.


So that's my first attempt at blogging. Night night everyone.

3 Comments:

  • Love your blog! And the website design is fantastic! :)

    By Blogger aardvark68, At January 20, 2010 at 10:02 AM  

  • Love the blog! I'm addicted :-)

    By Blogger Unknown, At January 26, 2010 at 1:16 PM  

  • mom!!! what an excellent blog post!!! i am speechless! very well written!! the blog dream has come to fruition.... i will definitely be actively following this page, writing in humorous or philosophical comments when i see the opportunity. whats the deal? can i use durogatory terms, dirty humor and outrageous anecdotes in my comments?? who is your audience? oh and by the way, the photos add so much!! anyways, i miss you and love you, keep up the enjoyable columns!!

    By Blogger David, At January 28, 2010 at 7:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]